Graphic Designer / Marketing Assistant
Alpha Dog Nutrition is actively seeking an entry level graphic designer & marketing assistant to help our rapidly growing brand.
We have quickly grown to be an industry leader in the formulation & development of canine vitamins & supplements for the waterfowl, upland, & other working dog markets.
The Graphic Designer/Marketing Assistant is responsible for continuously maintaining the company’s brand aesthetics, internally and externally. This includes reviewing, updating, and maintaining the company’s visual representation in all aspects of design including typography, composition, and color.
The creative talents of the individual in this role will be applied to digital advertisements, marketing materials, sales documents, trade show materials and web graphics. In addition the candidate will be responsible for supporting the team with fresh ideas by performing market research, market analysis, and maintaining customer relationships.
The successful candidate will be an innovative, out-of-the-box thinker who strives for design excellence and enjoys challenges. The candidate also seeks to have a broader role in the business success by being involved in strategic marketing functions.
This candidate will have the opportunity to work directly with the founder & CEO of Alpha Dog Nutrition, and will have the opportunity to transition into a full-time role if performance exceeds expectations.
In collaboration with the CEO, the Graphic Designer/Marketing Assistant is responsible for developing company images and delivering a powerful and consistent brand. This will be achieved via digital and print form and by leveraging a proven graphics ability with great attention to details.
The role also includes a marketing function where the candidate, under the direction of the CEO, will perform market research, collect publicly available information to identify market segments, competitive landscape, and positioning strategies.
- Create compelling graphics & messaging to help drive sales
- Assist in developing & maintaining brand standards and style
- Design marketing materials, brochures, flyers, posters, email headers, trade show banners
- Maintain and improve web graphics
- Coordinate any third party marketing services
- Develop & manage graphics & content for email marketing
- Design, build and maintain social media presence
- Support CEO in various marketing projects
- Conduct market research; Update and analyze data
- Maintain customer relationships via social media, phone, & email.
- Work to develop & maintain relationships with brand ambassadors/influencers to coordinate marketing campaigns.
- Assist in order fulfillment process when needed.
- Currently majoring in a degree in Graphic Design, Marketing, or related field.
- Knowledge of current graphic design (and related) software applications including InDesign Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, Lightroom, & Premiere Pro.
- Experience managing social media accounts in a professional atmosphere.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement.
- Exceptional written communication.
- Experience in proofreading.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong teamwork, time management, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated initiative.
- Ability to think creatively and problem solve when faced with new challenges.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and deliver quality work in an efficient manner.
- Experience & interest in the outdoor / hunting / bird dog space is a plus.
If you'd like to apply, please email your resume to email@example.com & we will be in touch soon!