5 Health Tips for Helping Your Dog With Arthritis from Alpha Dog Nutrition Founder - Joe Scott!
1. If possible, identify it early.The biggest advantage you can give your dog when it comes to dealing with arthritis is time. If you can identify it early, you can take steps to help them fight back against the spread & intensifying of arthritis.
2. Help them out around the house. This can be everything from adding an area rug so they don't slip on hardwood floors, to giving them a higher quality dog bed to sleep on, to keeping the house slightly warmer to keep their joints from getting so stiff. A little help can go a long ways!
3. Get informed about what is actually causing the issue. With any problem, if you don't know the root cause you're likely just going to treat the symptoms instead of actually fixing the issue.
Arthritis is no different, and while there is no true "cure" to arthritis, understanding what is truly going on will help you and your dog combat it together.
4. Keep them in shape & get them proper types of exercise. Exercise might seem like the exact thing that you'd want to avoid if you have arthritis, and to some degree that's true. However, one of the best things you can do to help slow the progression of arthritis is to keep your dog's weight in check. This eases up the amount of stress on their joints, and gives them a major upper hand in this fight. Making sure you're getting them proper exercise and diet is huge, which brings us to our last point...
5. Get them help nutritionally. You really do need to get them some nutritional help to assist in keeping their joints lubricated. Food & supplements containing Omega 3's, Glucosamine, Chondroitin, and MSM really do go a long ways when it comes to that. Product combinations like Vitality & Free Range check all those boxes, and help give your dog's joints the nutrients they need to help combat the cartilage deterioration that causes arthritis.
Alpha Dog Nutrition owner & avid hunter Joe Scott says less is more as your dog ages. His new line of products aims to simplify the game. Have you ever taken a look at the list of fillers & inactive ingredients in the nutritional products you give your dog?
“The whole idea of less is more, that we shouldn't be giving our dogs all these unnecessary fillers & inactive ingredients simply because it is easiest for the manufacturing process, is what I really believe in,” said Joe Scott, an avid upland hunter who’s partnered up with leading nutritionists, veterinarians, and manufacturers to remove these nasty ingredients.
Alpha Dog Nutrition isn't just a catchy name to Joe. “Alpha is about maintaining that spunky, energetic 3 year old Alpha Dog - the leader of your pack” he says. “Pet companies are constantly adding products & chemical ingredients; I’m taking them away. Alpha Dog Nutrition is going to be the company that is fighting for your dog, not the paycheck.”
Joebelieves in helping our dogs age gracefully and not over-doing it on what we give them. When asked what he gives his 6 year old English Setter, Trigger, daily to keep him healthy: “Vitality & Free Range- The combination of those two keeps Trigger's heart healthy & his joints well maintained.”
“There is this thought coming from the big brands out there to be giving our dogs everything under the sun” said Scott “We need to understand that their bodies can actually regulate their nutrition pretty well, but adding too much to it can be very harmful… Less is more, that's the biggest thing.”
The products come in sharp-looking black containers that fit easily next to your dog's food. There’s Vitality for heart health, joint support, skin, and coat; Free Range for keeping their joints well lubricated and maintained; and Resurgence for helping replenish lost nutrients, rebuild broken down muscle, and help maintain hydration after the hunt. They are all reasonably priced and only sold on Alpha Dog Nutrition's website.
Judging by the photos & videos, Trigger, who recently turned 6, is getting all the help he needs. He's one of those dogs that is just content being your shadow wherever you go. Around the house he's the biggest baby in the world. Get him out in the grouse woods though, Joe says, and he can still really turn it on. He operates smarter and more efficiently than he did at 3 years old, but he still moves just as well.
“The biggest makeup mistake that dog owners make is waiting until they see an issue to start providing supplemental help” he said. “If your dog has developed joint stiffness already, that means the cartilage in their joints has broken down already. The goal is to prevent that from happening in the first place. It's a lot easier to maintain a vehicle that it is to fix one that's already broken down. Our dog's bodies are no different.”
“Growing up with bird dogs, it's always their joints that slow them down & take them out of the hunt early” he remembers. That's incredibly tough to watch, and as Trigger started to age he made it his goal to find something that would be keep him from experiencing the same issues. "Not finding anything that I felt was good enough for him," he says "I partnered up with some great nutritionists & veterinarians to help come up with our own and Alpha Dog Nutrition was born."
The reception to our message and our mission, he says, has been tremendous. since been featured in Gun Dog Magazine, Wildfowl Magazine, and even on The Hunting Dog Podcast.
“When somebody says to you, ‘Well it's about time!’ That’s really means something. It's pretty clear dog owners have been waiting for a company like Alpha Dog Nutrition for a long time, and I'm honored to be able to bring it to them.
:|~|:prdimgalt:--:Vitality | Krill Oil Supplement for Dogs:|~|:prdimg:--:https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1748/2013/products/AlphaDog_MainPanel_c748686f-7bf0-4e87-b436-9a682e463cad.png?v=1497631379:|~|:prdclass:--:ba-1056773:|~|:prdbtns:--:medium:|~|:prdbtnltp:--:cart_external:|~|:prdbtncpt:--:BUY NOW!:|~|:prdbtnclass:--:zpa-button-medium bcss-1056773:|~|:handle:--:vitality:|~|:addcrtmsg:--:Product has been added to cartslctvrnt:--::|~|:shwqty:--:false:|~|:prdurl:--:http://alphadognutrition.com/products/free-range:|~|:prdttlclass:--:pta-1056772:|~|:prdttl:--:
:|~|:prdimgalt:--:Free Range:|~|:prdimg:--:https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1748/2013/products/FreeRangeBottle_main.png?v=1497641158:|~|:prdclass:--:ba-1056772:|~|:prdbtns:--:medium:|~|:prdbtnltp:--:product:|~|:prdbtncpt:--:BUY NOW!:|~|:prdbtnclass:--:zpa-button-medium bcss-1056772:|~|:handle:--:free-range:|~|:addcrtmsg:--:Product has been added to cartslctvrnt:--::|~|:shwqty:--:false:|~|:prdurl:--:http://alphadognutrition.com/products/resurgence:|~|:prdttlclass:--:pta-1056771:|~|:prdttl:--:
:|~|:prdimgalt:--:Resurgence:|~|:prdimg:--:https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1748/2013/products/ResurgenceBottle_main.png?v=1495501802:|~|:prdclass:--:ba-1056771:|~|:prdbtns:--:medium:|~|:prdbtnltp:--:product:|~|:prdbtncpt:--:BUY NOW!:|~|:prdbtnclass:--:zpa-button-medium bcss-1056771:|~|:handle:--:resurgence:|~|:addcrtmsg:--:Product has been added to cart
What people are saying about us...
I have a new favorite hat. Not only does this hat have the look I wanted that is eye catching, it has the breathable mesh that does let my head sweat too much. Great quality too!
Thank you for the amazing hat - it brought my husband to tears :) reminds us so much of our beloved Golden Retriever that we miss terribly :( It didn't arrive by Fathers day but it quickly arrived yesterday and I wanted to thank you for your fast and courteous service by personally calling to let me know it may not arrive by Sunday.
I've seen a great change in my dog, he's not as sore after a hunt and he has a ton more energy!
Received my hat today. Absolutely love it!!! Thank you for the great product!!!!